August 1: Chocolate Cream Cheese Croissant Bake
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cup milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Note: The Tasty video and their written recipes have some significant discrimination. I’ve tweaked them to find what I found worked best for me.
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Open the prepackaged crescent dinner rolls and cut them into small pieces (see video clip below).
3. Spray a baking pan (big enough for all the balls to fit in one layer) with cooking spray and place the balls in the pan.
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over dough.
5. In a large bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
6. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla, and whisk together until mixed. Slowly add milk to develop a more liquid consistency without curdling the cream cheese.
7. Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over dough then let sit for 20 minutes (optional).
8. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until middle is cooked through.
9. Cool for 10 minutes.
10. Garnish with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce (optional).
To watch my daily recommendations on Snapchat, be sure to follow me at “SaadiaExplores”.