To watch my daily recommendations on Snapchat, be sure to follow me at “SaadiaExplores”.
August 25: Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
I love baking and homemade chocolate chip cookies are my all time favorite things to make and indulge in. After trying several dozens of recipes over the years, I’ve found the following to be the very best. It’s an edit of Nestle’s chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Ingredients (makes 5 dozen cookies)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar (I’ve used both light and dark, works the same)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet morsels (chunks may be used if prefered)
1 cup chopped walnuts (may substitute for any nut of preference)
1. Heat oven to 350ºF.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl until
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Stir in morsels and nuts.
7. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto baking sheets. I flatten them out a bit so they are the perfect balance of crispy on the edge and soft on the inside.
8. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
9. Cool on rack.
Enjoy warm cookie with cold milk.