I’ve had puff pastry dough in my freezer for a few months now (don’t worry, they haven’t gone bad) and i’ve been meaning to make some dessert with it, but never seem to have any time. I went on PuffPastry.com for recipe ideas (they have 100s of them) but everything required one more ingredient than what I had in hand. Then, I got a genius idea and born was the world’s EASIEST chocolate puff pastry dessert EVER!
- Thaw the puff pastry for 40 minutes (as per direction on box). I only did 1 of the 2 sheets.
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Beat one egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Sprinkle flour on the working surface.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. The sheet already has creases on it from the folds, so I cut it into 6 pieces, matching the crease lines.
- Brush the edges of the pastries with the egg wash.
- Take any chocolate you have (chocolate chips, baking chocolate pieces, whatever) and place it towards one end of the puff pastry. I used two Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate bars for each puff pastry piece.
- Fold it and seal the edges with hand.
- Take a fork and crimp the edges.
- Repeat for all pastries.
- Brush egg wash on top of the pastries.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Ready to serve!
Optional: If you have fruits, you can place it inside with the chocolate for added flavor. If you have powdered sugar, you can sprinkle it on top before serving.
And just like that, you have some delicious sweetness to satisfy your craving!
Sorry there aren’t any pictures, ate them too fast!