One of my goals this year is NOT to overbook myself. With two jobs, a business, this blog and life outside of those elements, I am always doing something, and in doing so, I am constantly over committing myself. And anyone who is similar will tell you that there is nothing worse than the feeling of not accomplishing something, no matter how unrealistic it was to begin with.
There is only 24 hours in a day, and while that was plenty for the likes of Newton, Galileo and Mother Teresa to do miraculous work, yours truly is no genius nor saint and needs to tone herself down to reality. So, I found the single best tool to help me achieve my goal, the Day Designer Daily Planner!!
Before you click away from this post, hear me out. If you are the type of person who needs a planner (because the iPhone calendar is NOT ideal for someone with a life that moves as fast as mine) or loves to keep to-do lists in an assortment of post-it notes, believe me, you’re going to want to take a look at this planner.
I’ll preface with the obvious, it is expensive, $59 for the regular size (9″ x 9.75″), $49 for the mini (6.625″ x 8.3″), and it is big (1.5″ depth, weighs 2.1 lbs) but it is worth EVERY penny (& space) for the person who wants to stay organized, is goal oriented and enjoys reflecting back on their accomplishments.
Why I Love the Day Designer Planner
- Hard cover with protective gold corners
- Gold wire-O binding, making it easier to flip through the pages
- Tear-out pages in front and back of planner to protect inside pages
- Inside front cover pocket to keep documents and loose products safe
- Daily and monthly pages
- Two-page monthly overviews
- Two-page 2018 yearly overviews
- Combined Weekend Pages with Weekly Overview
- Goal setting worksheets including pages to set up your ideal week, ideal month, core values, and much much more!
- Grey printed text for easy viewing without causing distraction
- Daily inspirational quotes to jump start your day
- Hourly breakdown of each day (5am-9pm), allowing you to visually see all the things you CAN get done
- Half-page To Do section, allowing you to list things without a specific timestamp
- Dedicated space to write Expense, Dinner, Due, Don’t Forget and Today’s Top Three
- Space for Notes and Daily Gratitude (my personal favorite!)
I have been using it daily for 8 days and it has made my life so much more organized, stress free and accessible! I can see all the things I need to get done in one space and I am able to make time for ME in the midst of all this without always putting it off until the end of the day.
This really is a wonderful tool and I’ve gifted it to two of my busiest friends (one who is a working mom of two boys and another who is an entrepreneur) and both have been loving it! It makes for such an excellent gift. Given that its still the beginning of the year, you can gift it to yourself or a busy woman in your life. Otherwise, hang onto this link until the end of the year when it’ll be time to buy a planner again.
I am so excited to continue to see the transition in my daily life from chaos to controlled chaos thanks to this planner. I’ve even picked out the design I’d like to get for 2019! Hoping you enjoy this as much as I am.
Note: Free shipping is only offered on purchases of $100 or more, so pick one up for you and one for a friend to save!
Happy Planning and I’ll see you guys next time!