To watch my daily recommendations on Snapchat, be sure to follow me at “SaadiaExplores”.
July 30: DIY Coffee Sugar Body Scrub
A body scrub is one of the little luxuries of life I thoroughly enjoy. Some of my favorites are the Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy scrubs, Lush shower scrubs and The Body Shop scrubs. I love them because they are made of natural ingredients and I really don’t like to use products that have artificial ingredients or chemicals. Suddenly it dawned on me that I can probably just try making a body scrub at home, and so with the help of this super easy recipe from Icon UK YouTube channel.
1 cup ground coffee (not instant)
1 cup graduated sugar (use brown sugar if making face scrub)
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 heaping tablespoons cocoa powder
pinch of vanilla extract or powder (optional)
pinch of cinnamon (optional)
1. Combine all dry ingredients (and vanilla extract, if using) together.
2. Add coconut oil and mix well.
3. Store in air tight jar for up to six months.
How to Apply
1. Apply a generous amount to damp skin and leave on for a few minutes.
2. Rinse and enjoy the clean and moisturized skin.
Benefits of the Scrub
- Anti-inflammatory, reduces redness
- Draws out excess moisture from skin making it firmer and smoother.
- Brightens skin
- protects against sunspots
- promotes blood flow, enhancing circulation
- minimizes cellulites
- Removes dead skin cells
- More gentle than salt scrubs
- Breaks down the “glue” that bonds skin cells, encouraging cell turnover and generating fresher, younger-looking skin.
- Natural humectant draws moisture from the environment into the skin
- Rehydrates dry skin
- Stops wrinkles
- Antioxidants help repair skin cells and neutralize harmful free radicals.
- Anti-inflammatory properties help soothe and calm irritated skin.
- Antioxidants prevent and reverse skin damage caused by free radicals
- Reduces fine lines, wrinkles and age spots.
- Plumps skin, reducing fine lines.
- Increases collagen levels for up to six hours which help keep elasticity and decrease signs of aging.
- Serves as an exfoliant which can be used to remove dead skin cells and help restore shine and suppleness of skin.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties help enhance skin complexion.
I had so much fun making this scrub, I can’t wait to make more!
1 thought on “Daily Recommendation: DIY Coffee Sugar Body Scrub”
Great recipe. Love DIY! Nice to have all the ingredients on hand. Well done.
LikeLiked by 1 person