To watch my daily recommendations on Snapchat, be sure to follow me at “SaadiaExplores”.
May 16: Thumbtack
“CONSIDER IT DONE”
Thumbtack is a consumer service company committed to bringing together local pros (think house cleaner, personal trainer, lawn mower, massage therapist, chimney cleaner, photo booth rental, yoga instructor and everything in between) with customers seeking those services. It’s like Angie’s List, except you don’t have to pay to find what you’re looking for.
Here’s how it works:
As a CUSTOMER:
- Answer a few specific questions about what you need.
- Thumbtack will share those details with experienced professionals who can complete your project.
- Your email and contact number are private, as a result, you will not receive any spams.
- Within hours, interested and available professionals will pay to send you custom quotes. You’ll receive up to 5 quotes which will include an estimate, customer reviews, contact info, business profile and a personalized message.
- Contact the professional(s) to receive more information if you wish.
- Finally, hire the professional that fits your budget and needs!
My Testimony: I recently hired a house cleaner through Thumbtack and I could not be more pleased. Not only is her work incredible, but she was the most affordable quote I’ve ever received (within and outside of Thumbtack).
As a PROFESSIONAL:
- When customers come to Thumbtack looking to hire professionals to help them accomplish their personal projects, Thumbtack will review every customer request to ensure it’s legitimate.
- Thumbtack will send the customer request via email or text message to experienced professionals like you.
- If you are interested and qualified, you can respond by sending a quote.
- Your custom quote includes a personal message and a price estimate. Thumbtack will automatically send your Thumbtack profile containing past work, qualifications, contact information, and reviews with your quote.
- You pay only when you send a quote with Thumbtack Credits.
- A customer will receive up to 5 responses from other professionals.
- The customer compares quotes and decides who to contact.
- Once hired, you and the customer work out the details through Thumbtack, over the phone, or in person!
My Testimony: I just signed up as a professional (offering my travel services) and will share my thoughts on the blog on how things work out from this end.
As a professional, I had my background check done and my profile indicates the same. This allows comfort for both the customer and the professional. As a customer, you know that the person you are considering to hire is not a criminal. As a professional, you know that if you have your background check done, you have an edge over someone who doesn’t when it comes to the hiring process. Trust is everything in the field of customer service.
So, if you’re looking for a service provider, give Thumbtack a shot before hiring out the “big guys”.